Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 5

This week was definitely a fun week. There are so many interesting image generator subjects. It was hard for me to choose just one. So I choose two for now. I found a fun image generator from generator blog that I would like to share. Acme License Maker lets you create your own license plate. I have always wanted a personal license plate, but I have never wanted to pay extra money for one. Also, with a personalized plate, I think that it can cause problems for my safety.

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/


I created my own Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor and I named it something cool. Maybe I will see it in my grocery freezer soon. If you are an ice cream lover like me, then check out the link below.

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop_shops/dousaflavor/flavor_generator.cfm

script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.librarything.com/jswidget.php?reporton=stanfieldk23things&show=random&header=1&num=5&covers=small&text=none&tag=alltags&css=1&style=5&version=1">


I enjoyed librarything, it is similar to a another website that I joined called Good reads. I think that this website will be very useful to our patrons who have access to the internet at home. However, even if a patron does not have the internet at home, they could come to the library and set up an account and keep track of what they read and what they would like to read. Librarians could definitely use this website to share books.

http://www.goodreads.com


I explored WebFeat. I like the fact that I can recommend this to patrons who need articles and books for projects. It's nice to have a place to go to access more of what you need and it saves time. I did a search on my hometown, Burlington, NC and found 69 articles in InfoTrac OneFile. The most recent article dated April 29, 2008 and the oldest article was December 11, 1991. My hometown was and still is a very important location for textiles. Several articles came from a magazine entitled Home Textiles Today.

This article brought much excitement to my hometown.

BURLINGTON, NC -- Jet engine manufacturer Honda Aero Inc. has broken ground on a new $27 million headquarters and engine assembly plant near the Burlington-Alamance County regional airport in North Carolina.

The 102,400-square-foot facility will include 36,000 square feet of offi ce space, a 58,400-square-foot production plant, and an 8,000-square-foot engine test cell. Honda Aero will employ approximately 70 engineers and machinists when the plant reaches its initial annual capacity of 200 GE Honda HF 120 engines, within a one year of ramping up production in 2010.

The GE Honda HF120 has been chosen to power two of the new aircraft entering the new very-light-jet market--the Freedom jet, manufactured by Spectrum Aeronautical (Carlsbad, CA), and Honda's own HondaJet, which will be produced in neighboring Greensboro, NC.

Source citation: Assembly 51.1 (Jan 2008): 12(1). General OneFile. Gale. Palm Beach County Library System. 18 June 2008

No comments: