Thursday, July 10, 2008

Week 9 YouTube



This is a great video that appeared at this year's American Library Association (ALA)conference. It is a great summary of why libraries are still important. I have often gotten videos in my emails from friends and family and I have heard about YouTube videos in the news. I haven't really spent time searching for videos until now. I think it would be great to have a video on our website that shows what the library has to offer. It would be great to have a video that shows that we have meeting rooms to be used and have information on what types of meetings can be held in our meeting rooms. Also, it would be great to have an online registration with instant notification of approval to use the meeting room.

I think that the library should use the best technology available to keep our patrons well informed and also give information to new patrons who are thinking about joining. There is a generation of people out there that is constantly seeking information from the internet.

No comments: