Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week 6 Web 2.0

My thing was to read two of the five perspectives. I read all five. I found the perspective from Michael Stephens, Blogger interesting. I think library employees should have time to play and learn. Sometimes our jobs can be very stressful. With the economy, it seems that more and more patrons are coming to the library for internet access. It seems to me that sometimes I think that we need a branch that has only internet access. I find that most of our internet patrons have never checked out any material. Dr. Wendy Schultz was the other perspective that I read. I agree that we should continue to examine our services that work and improve the services that don't. We have customer surveys throughout the year, but, I think it would be nice to have roundtable discussions with patrons and ask them for input on the things that the libary is doing well and what things the library needs to improve on. Web 2.0 is a place to go to keep up with the latest trends in technology and what other libraries are doing.

No comments: